The Marelli Motori Digital Regulation Systems included in MEC-100 series are microprocessor-based electronic devices for the set-up and monitoring of the excitation system of Marelli generators with frame size ranging between 400 and 800. The configurability of the system and control parameters makes the MEC-100 series regulators flexible and suitable for a wide range of applications. These regulators are completely resin-bonded and isolated to keep a high operating reliability even in difficult working conditions (high levels of humidity, dust, salty atmosphere) and in presence of vibrations.
MEC-100 SERIES CHARACTERISTICS 1.2.1. Functions
- Four operating modes:
- Automatic voltage regulation (AVR Mode).
- Power Factor Regulation (PF Mode).
- Reactive Power Regulation (VAR Mode).
- Field Current Regulation (FCR Mode).
- Stability parameters which can be individually set (P.I.D.) or predefined standard parameterizations.
- Soft start with a ramp which can be set, in AVR Mode.
- Generators parallel operation by means of Reactive Droop Compensation.
- Generator protections:
- Field over-voltage.
- Field over-current.
- Generator over-voltage.
- Generator under-voltage.
- Generator over-current.
- Loss of voltage sensing.
- Diode Failure Monitoring.
- Excitation limiters (over-excitation and under-excitation).
- Under-frequency limiter.
- Internal Inrush Current limiter.
- Generator voltage single-phase or three-phase sensing.
- Current sensing on single phase (1A or 5A).
- Network voltage single-phase sensing.
- 2 auxiliary analogue inputs (4-20mAdc) for the setpoint remote control.
- 8 contacts for external interface.
1.2.4. Human-Machine Interface